Wednesday, July 18, 2012

New words

Such exciting happenings have been going on in the Cherry house. First, the Cherry house has relocated! We are now living in the way far out suburb of Bristow. I love it here. Tonight, when I went to Chipotle to pick up dinner (come on, just because we've relocated doesn't mean I cook!), there was no line. None. At 7pm. People smile here. They play country music at the pool in my neighborhood. Sometimes, if you drive in just the right spot in our neighborhood, you can catch a peak of the Blue Ridge Mountains. There's a Super Target every direction coming out of our subdivision. In other words, it's just like heaven :)

Jackson loves the new house. We have a basement, so he has a playroom that is completely toddler-friendly with all of his toys. He's talking up a storm these days, and hit an unfortunate milestone the other day: he learned to say "no." I actually love the way he says "no" (although I'm sure I'll learn to like it less and less as time goes on). He says it almost as a question, and he repeats it two or three times every time he says it. For example, at breakfast this morning:
Mommy: Jackson, do you want any more yogurt?
Jackson: Gogurt. Gogurt. No? No?
Mommy: Jackson, you only have a little bit left. Just a few more bites.
Jackson: No? No?

And, of course, he was exactly correct. I made him eat the yogurt, and then he spit it up. I should have listned to the "no," I suppose. He has also learned the phrases "you're killing me" and "big, big mess." I wonder where he could have heard those.

No comments:

Post a Comment